Between being sore and tired from a couple days of heavy practice, and either some bad allergies or head cold I wasn't really feeling too great. Still had the urge to get on the bike. Decided to work on my front tire placement. Didn't matter if I bounced off, stayed balanced, whatever... Dropping the front tire onto an obstacle is a weak spot and this seemed like the perfect time to practice it. I didn't want to do anything too physical and my balance was way off. I had some fun exiting the log from time to time instead of just doing a pivot turn and reseting. I broke this into 4 7-10 min sessions to give myself a rest and a chance to review how things were going. Made improvements by the time I was done, didn't push myself too hard, and came away with a little more experience. Sure I couldn't go out and "really ride". I was stuffing up even the simple things. But I was able to find something I needed work on, that wouldn't beat me up too much and was able to have a fun night instead of being frustrated my body wasn't up to the task of some more "serious practice"

Posted by Shawn McGinnis at 2022-06-01 14:08:29 UTC