Success - sort of. It's been a month since @Neil Price gave me feedback and 3 key points to improve my punch. I'm fortunate to be able to ride most days (my employer might disagree) and have probably averaged an hour a day over this period, a good amount of it has been focused on the punch. A few days ago something clicked and I had a ride where I could punch anything I pointed the bike at and end up bang on top - easy. Incredible feeling. It's in no way consistent (I haven't had a repeat of that ride since) but it's definitely come a long way. One of my common practice obstacles is a little bank I posted early on in this punch project where I was all over the shop trying to hit the front lower - it's now a complete doddle to punch low & accurate and land on top. I've still got a long way to go with coordinating front brake, but step 1 - hit lower, is becoming more accurate (if no less scary) and step 2 - more revs, is feeling more manageable. And that's not even mentioning the improvements that have snuck in on general control, turning, hopping, stopping etc. So keep plugging away at the process and you shall be rewarded in this life! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thanks yet again Neil.

Posted by Peter Mack at 2021-09-21 21:54:10 UTC