#feelings @Neil Price rolling backwards in driveway with engine off. The big eye opener was the difference in how different brakes affected compression and rebound. Front brake only was slow, LONG and squishy, and then a good roll back. Took a good bit of effort. Rear only was surprisingly effective. Shorter, faster. I didn't even think it would work, but it did. Less effort. Both front and rear was very effective and much quicker and firmer than front alone. I had to stop and think about this. Why was it not as squishy and long of a compression?πŸ€” I put my left foot down 🧐and watched the bike and specifically the rear wheel while doing front alone and then with rear brake added. AMAZING! When front alone, the rear wheel still rolls forward 3 cm or so as front forks compress. When both brakes are applied the rear tire doesn't move at all. The stroke of front fork is short bc rear tire can't roll forward. So it's short, quick, firm. Less effort as well. Like the tension on a guitar string was tighter. I was blown away. 😲 I don't think I tried different amounts of knee drop, large vs small - so next time. Applications for me and front wheel hops, sometimes I used to not use both brakes if only needed 1 or 2 hops to side. My hops with only front brake made my center of gravity fall forward probably bc of that longer fork movement, and slower rebound and more effort and pull. Then I'd get off balence and have to use gas. With both brakes and esp rear brake firmly on, I can stay back with Center of gravity and make those nice short little hops and it rebounds nicely allowing a controlled quicker rythem with less effort. Gotta practically stand on that brake though as ankle articulation is yet another moving element to master. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜² Big props for this experiment. Should pay off big time with learning curve on my hops. πŸ‘Š

Posted by Deleted (49e7edec) at 2021-09-14 13:02:59 UTC