FEEDBACK for @jay1 Punch Technique Man I was tired when I made this.... sorry I run off an a few tangents Jay šŸ¤£ But I believe it is all relevant. You really have things lined up well! There is so much potential in where you are at! The movement of your body on the bike is exceptional, and so is the RPM before the Clutch release. They are both really timed well, which is a difficult thing to put in place! MAJOR POINTS - 1st Front wheel lift is from too far back, (this adds to the next point) - Too much speed into the step. Then it becomes harder to "stop" the bike. - RPM coming on late. I notice you are leaving your RPM till really late. Its timed really well, but it is better if you can raise the RPM whilst the front is falling from the first lift. Literally you have like an 1/8th of second margin of error. A thought is maybe that is a sign that you are not comfortable/confident on revving the bike within the process. - Clutch release is slightly too early. You are releasing when the bike is on the way down into the compression, then the drive from the clutch pushes the bike down/forward and you loose lift. - Not using the front brake. You don't need to use the brake in the early stages, but it helps to get into the habit early as it gives you options later. The hard awkward work today pays off in time! FROM HERE Don't try to work too hard to consciously develop all of that. You have a fantastic base to work from, and I am quite sure you have the timing and body awareness to just give the brain and body the opportunity to feel it and make the corrections. I would pace it out this way; 1. Shorten the take off/ first wheel lift distance, and add a touch more height. That will slow everything down. 2. When you have that in place, then wait for the bike. Give it time to get all the way to the bottom of the fork stroke. Focus on getting the forks bottomed. Play with using the front brake within this. 3. When you have that in place, add the clutch release after you are certain of being at the bottom of the stroke. Hope this helps and makes sense.

Posted by Neil Price at 2023-11-08 00:50:24 UTC