Lever Position revelation. After @Wes demonstrated his superior front-on I couldn't help but try to rise to the challenge and go out and see what I could do. I'm not one to get disappointed by my failures, they just give me a good direction to head. But yesterday I would have to admit to a little disappointment. I was hopeless. Which was weird because on the Beta I wasn't hopeless, just fairly ordinary. The problem was I couldn't seem to get off the front brake at the right time and I'd either spin the wheel or get no front compression and no lift. So I thought about it overnight and decided maybe moving the brake lever out on the bars might help give a quicker release. Today I could punch front-on again. Phew. Still not where I'd like it to be, but better. I was actually really surprised how much difference it made. Suddenly I could get off the brake at more or less the right time. Just having a quicker, shorter lever movement at my finger made a huge difference. Previously I've kept the levers in on the bars pretty much as far as I can to give a bit better modulation, but obviously it seems that at some point speed and lever travel become more important. Interesting.

Posted by Peter Mack at 2023-03-25 11:58:08 UTC