Dealing with frustration... So, I have a confession to make. Lately I have been in a bit of a trials funk. I feel like no matter how hard I try my riding is not progressing and to be honest feels like I am going backwards sometimes! People around me seem to move up in skills and I just dont! Even guys that ride quarter as much as I do. I'm not talking about not reaching Toni Bou skill levels as fast as I want, but i have been stuck battling in the same intermediate grade for about five years now. I have stopped marking score cards at trials. I tell myself that it's so I can focus on trying to improve my skills in sections by hopping etc, but I think the real reason is I am sick of seeing my shit scores! Don't worry, I am not about to go RSG off a bridge! Just wanted to put it out there that I am finding trials almost more frustrating than fun sometimes!!! I try maintain a positive attitude while riding and dont beat myself up about mistakes at the time. I am not a competitive person against others, but I do try to push myself to improve. Anybody else ever get into a trials funk?

Posted by ashesman at 2023-03-01 08:16:57 UTC