FEEDBACK @Caroline Kent Hilll Starts/ Putting Power Down WOW, this is such an exceptional ride. In many ways. You should be very proud of how well you ride this one. So I don't want to type it all out again, I wanted to reply with a video as i wanted to give you a more rounded reply. Essentially - Using the clutch to put the power down gives you "variability", so using the clutch to put power down is better than the throttle as a general rule. The throttle bounds you to the parameters of power/torque at a given RPM and of course travel speed at that RPM and the minimum speed of idle. - Putting power down is all about managing the relationship between Traction, Power/Torque, Body weight. - In the Early stages of Skill development riders will be on the throttle only, as they build skill they will use the clutch more and then at high level riders will be able to use alot of RPM and deliver on the clutch fully. FEEDBACK for your ride Caroline; - Stop the roll back with rear brake. - Get moving first and try to just lower yourself on the bike, trying not to go forward so much. (there always will be a little forward movement) - Build the RPM and add gradually more power via the clutch - If you can give a burst of power with the clutch, at the base of the rock so as an exercise you could roll to the top of the rock even if it was 3 foot longer. Let me know your thoughts #feedback #traction #power #hills #weight #slippery

Posted by Neil Price at 2022-12-05 03:34:27 UTC