#askneil hey not super satisfied with my splat attempts. Wondering how to decrease forward speed and increase lift. Any tips on what I need to correct would be great. Attempts are about 1/4-1/2 way into vid. The rest is just everything else I got up to over the weekend. Thanks ! Oh also I know my timing still isn't great on my ride technique, but it did feel good after a few tries and fails to consistently get over this log, even with poor form. I can remember a point a few years ago wondering if it was possible , or really more so if I would ever be capable. Traditionally I would punch this log. It was cool to ride over it. The commitment to get the weight back is hard to do,but it makes a huge difference. I know I could go more extreme yet. At some point as other skills continue to improve I'll work on a higher front end with the goal to pause on the top. That will still be some time off in the distance. For those of you that have been around here for a while, sure you have seen me ride up taller steps, but those steps didn't have a drop off on the back side. Entirely different mentally when you need to hold pressure and not just safely set your tire down on solid ground once getting up. Thanks again @Neil Price . Slowly but surely I'm stretching myself with the help of your input. One last thought to the riders new to this group/new to trials. Keep breaking things down into parts. Like Neil has said its about training the brain to recognize patterns. We can only process so much consciously. The more of the effert we can transfer to our subconscious the better. That frees us up more in the moment to "feel" what is happening and react to it. The only way to turn thought into instinct/ subconscious reaction is through vast amounts of repetition. Take small bites, only what the conscious brain can handle. Don't overload the system. Do what it takes to optimize the system.

Posted by Shawn McGinnis at 2022-10-31 13:31:02 UTC